Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Big House Plans {Part One}

Yesterday I told y'all the story of our house hunt.  Today I want to tell y'all my plans for fixing the outside up.   I really want to paint the shutters and door red or a pretty blue; and add new, modern locks, and a modern light...but since it's a rental... that we can't do....sigh...but I've got some other plans that will spruce our first home right up!  The numbers are some of my plans for the outside!  I'm a visual kinda girl.
1:  We need to obviously rake all the pine straw in the yard, and get it off of the roof.  The realtor lady said that should be taken care of before move-in day.  Cross your fingers!

2:  I bought a cute old chair without the seat at The World's Longest Yard Sale that I conquered with one of my best friends, Heather, for our wedding.  At the wedding it had a plant in the part where the seat was missing.  I plan on finding a pretty, colorful potted plant to put into that chair.  It'll look so cute!

3:  I'm not a fan of the green door.   I like green...just not that green! A cute, rustic wreath with left over burlap ribbon and lace from the wedding will add rustic charm to our front yard.

4:  I think some stepping stones leading from the driveway to the front door will add a whimsical element.

5:  When the winter is over I'm going to plant some bright flowers to have a little pop of color to the front yard.  We have tons of seeds left over from our wedding that I will probably use.  However, I do not have a green thumb...so maybe I'll be able to keep them alive! 

6:  I think some cute stepping stones or even bricks around the flower bed will look very cute. 

Then we have this adorable wagon that we had at our wedding that I think will be cute somewhere in the front yard with some colorful potted plants inside of it.  At the front door I'm going to put out the pallet sign we had at our wedding I made.  It said "We're So Glad You're Here!"  that will make our guests feel welcome.  That's all of my ideas for now...but I'm sure there will be more!  We are moving on Saturday!  I'll post before and after pictures when I have them!

xoxo,
Ashlee

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you do with the place!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't wait to see y'all this weekend! When it's all fixed up y'all will have to come and visit!

    ReplyDelete