Friday, December 20, 2013

On the Fourth {Fifth and Sixth} Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me...

The Twelve Days of Christmas Love for Jon is still going on.  Jon is having fun seeing what he gets everyday!  For the fourth day of Christmas love I gave him a date to go and look at Christmas lights. 

I don't think I'll ever get tired of going to look at Christmas lights!  It's so pretty and magical to see how people are so creative decorating their homes outside.  When Amanda {my sister} and I were growing up in Mobile, AL we always looked forward to going to Chickasaw, AL to look at Christmas lights with our parents.  The houses were all lit up and decorated to the fullest--every house had lights, and you could see the neighborhood lit up from a mile away!  Picture the neighborhood on "Christmas With the Kranks" and that is what the neighborhood in Chickasaw looked like!  It's sad to me that not as many people decorate outside anymore.  We haven't had time yet to go and look at Christmas lights, but we decided we would do that this weekend...so I'll post some pictures of that date later.
For the fifth day of Christmas love I gave Jon his favorite dinner.

He was kind of confused and said "didn't we just have that?" He was referring to the Chicago Deep Dish Pizza I had made him for day three!  Ha!  For his dinner he picked Tiger Sauce chicken, macaroni and cheese, and green beans. 

While I don't really cook, I had made Tiger Sauce chicken for Jon one night when he came over while we were still in Hattiesburg.  If you like spicy food then you would like Tiger Sauce chicken!  It's also good on pork chops.  This is a recipe I think my Aunt Betty came up with! 


For the sixth day of Christmas love I gave Jon a date to watch his favorite Christmas movie. 

When I was making the dates, I knew he would pick Home Alone...and he did!  I actually gave him ALL 4 Home Alone movies for one of his birthday presents.  I did not know they made four Home Alone movies {3 and 4 have another kid instead of Kevin}.  We have not watched Home Alone yet, but I think I'll pop some popcorn and maybe make some hot chocolate for our movie date!  Of course, Louella Mae will get to come and watch too!  I'll post some pictures of that date later. 

Tiger Background
Font:  Georgia Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment