Wednesday, December 25, 2013

On the Seventh {Through the Twelfth} Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me...

Merry Christmas y'all!  For the seventh day of Christmas I gave Jon his favorite Christmas dessert--peppermint ice cream. 

It has a chocolate-y nut mixture on the bottom with peppermint ice cream on top.  I added extra nuts and crushed up candy canes to the top.  This is a dessert that our friend Christie makes every Christmas, and the one request for Christmas from Jon.  He said it tasted like hers!  Thanks Christie for sending me the recipe!

For the eighth day I gave Jon a Chicago Bears ornament. 

He loves the Chicago Bears so I knew he'd like this football ornament to put on our Christmas tree!  I had him guess all the things he could think it would be before he opened the present!  I even had him thinking it really wasn't anything related to the Chicago Bears!  HA!


For the ninth day I gave him an evening of s'mores and hot chocolate by the fire.  We are going to do this tonight!  We decided to save it and make it a Christmas night tradition!  I'll post pictures of this later.


For the tenth day it was to make a gingerbread house together.....but....we didn't make a gingerbread house!  We made gingerbread cookies instead.  Making gingerbread cookies is a family tradition that I love.  Gingerbread cookies were my sweet Paw Paw's favorite cookie, so they always make me think of him.  I like my gingerbread cookies thin--just like my Paw Paw! 

Every Christmas we have made these cookies.  While my Momma, Amanda, and I make gingerbread men, snowman, Santa, etc; my Daddio always makes "Monster Gingerbread Men".  That means he gives the gingerbread man three heads, an extra foot....you know...funny crazy gingerbread men!  So....Jon and Mason {my sister's husband} joined Daddio in making monster gingerbread men!  HA!
Monster Gingerbread--Cat Santa Clause!  HA!

We are going to make a list of the Top Ten memories we have together for 2013 for the eleventh day. 

We haven't done this yet because we have been busy with Christmas activities...so I'll put that up later.

The twelfth day of Christmas was Jon's last day of Christmas Love. 

It was for a special Christmas Eve breakfast.  I made pancakes and fried bacon.  I made the pankcakes look like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!

I think that will become one of our special Christmas Eve traditions!  We started several traditions together this year, and incorporated important traditions we have with our families...more on that later! 

Merry Christmas from the Werkmeisters!  We hope that all y'all have had a wonderful Christmas season!

Our first Christmas card!
Happy Birthday Jesus!

I'm off to make s'more and hot chocolate with Jon! Merry Christmas y'all!

~Ashlee~

No comments:

Post a Comment